- This event has passed.
VanEx Annual Charity Lunch
December 12, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Vancouver Executives Association 2018 Annual Charity Lunch for the benefit of…
Event Date: December 12, 2018
Event Time: 11.30 – 3.30pm
Event Location: Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
All relevant documents, such as registration form, raffle ticket form and prize donation form can be downloaded below.
Everything you need to know about the event BEFORE and DURING the event!
HOW WE RAISE MONEY
- Vanex raises money through raffle prizes that are placed on a grid of 10 sections.
- Prize values range from $100 and up, with a grand prize of $2,500 cash (donated by VanEx).
100 prizes valued at ~$20,000+.
- We welcome gifts of your choosing, or there is a form to fill out to donate items from one of our VanEx members.
CLICK here TO DOWNLOAD THE DONATION FORM.
- Another way to contribute is through “grid sponsorship”. Each section on the grid is listed alphabetically and assigned to one of ten sponsors. The member assigned to each grid, comes to the stage to announce the raffle winners as they are picked. This year, we have set the grid sponsorship at $500 for Rows A and J and $350 for those in between.
Important and exciting news: ALL GRIDS TAKEN!
- For the raffle, beginning mid-November you have the opportunity to buy tickets at $10 each.
- We encourage you to buy lots of tickets!!!
- Additional tickets will also be available at the luncheon, as well as those for the 50/50 draw for $2 each. Cash and Credit Card payments will be accepted at the door.
HOW THE DAY WORKS
- It starts at 11:30 am and ends at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Dress code is business casual, dressy or anything festive!
- Last year we had 200 guests in the Park Ballroom, of the Four Seasons Hotel (located on the main floor). We’re aiming for up to 300 this year!
- We will be having tables of 10. Discounted cost of a table of 10 is $600.
- Individual Guest Tickets are $75/each and member tickets are $30.
CLICK here TO DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- When the time comes, let us know if there are particular people you would like to sit with! We’ll make that happen.
- There is a cash bar with both non-alcoholic and alcoholic options. The Four Seasons serves a fantastic traditional turkey holiday meal. Please let us know If you would prefer the vegetarian option.
Please also inform us of any allergies.
- While at your table, you will notice stacks of colored strips of paper. Please tear them into little pieces of confetti. The confetti is an important part of the festivities!
- Once lunch is over, the fun begins! Sponsor Grid A starts off. Whoever wins, that table throws the confetti into the air while shouting as loud as they possibly can.
- One of our elves will bring the prize to you, check your ticket, and then your ticket goes back in the draw for future prizes!
- You should also come prepared with loonies (usually a roll will do). Before the raffle begins, each person at your table puts a loonie into the bowl in the centre. This continues for each new grid. When someone at your table wins a prize they also win the loonies. At that time, everyone puts a new loonie in and the cycle continues.
- Yes, this goes on for three hours and trust us…you won’t get bored…
- The grand prize is a reverse draw, so the last person standing wins!
THANK YOU TO OUR COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Patricia Tait, our Executive Director
The success of our Annual Charity Lunch is all because of you and your very generous donations. We thank you in advance for your help and look forward to another spectacular event!!
FORMS TO DOWNLOAD
Questions? Please contact Patricia Tait, Executive Director, at [email protected] or call 604.684.0660.