The Vancouver Executives Association operates www.vanex.com (the “Website”). This page is used to inform Website visitors regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information.
We may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, job title, email, phone number, and mailing address. We use this information to contact or identify you and it is required in order to fulfill our sales process or to deliver our services.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that are commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Whenever you visit our website, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is stored in a log. This data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. We may use this information to better understand our Website users or to analyze and improve our Website design and functionality. This information may also be used to analyze our website’s performance in certain markets and for certain demographics.
Our Use of Information
We use all of the previously mentioned information in order to: 1) make the Website more useful; 2) to inform users of new offers, events or promotions; 3) to improve our level of service; and 4) to provide notifications regarding the Website and our products and services. We restrict access to this information to those in our organization who require access in order to manage our website, fulfill our services or respond to a request for service. We also may share this information with the following entities:
- The International Executives Association (IEA) – The Vancouver Executives Association is a non-profit entity and is part of a larger organization called the International Executives Association (IEA). The IEA has a chapter (aka. group) in most major cities in North America. We do not share any personally identifiable information captured by our website with the IEA. However, we do occasionally share aggregated statistics and data with the IEA and other IEA chapters in order to benchmark the performance of our local chapter relative to other chapters within North America.
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom we may subcontract, including website hosting companies, payment processing companies, and other third-party software and service providers;
- Government agencies and law enforcement officials, when required to do so to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
We also reserve the right to share Information with other organizations in the following situations, as authorized by law:
- when we have your consent to do so;
- when we need to share information to provide any product or service you have requested;
- situations involving potential threats to the health or safety of any person;
- in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities;
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Services;
- To provide the Services on our behalf; or
- To perform Service-related services;
We want to inform our users that these third parties may have limited access to your Personal Information. Typical information that we might share with a third party would be your name, email, phone number and work address. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Third Party Applications
Credit Card Information
Our website does not collect credit card information directly. Nor is any credit card information stored in our website. We use Quickbooks for handling our accounting and for billing our members. And we sometimes use payment gateways like Paypal and Stripe for collecting payments from our members and guests (people visiting us at our meetings in person).
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. However, remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
The Website does not target children or provide products or services for use by children. We do not knowingly collect Information from persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you may review the Website only with involvement of a parent or guardian, and you may not use any portion of the Website that would require collection of personal Information from you.